Dedicated to extending the time in which i spend in my pyjamas, this is a chronicle of how well my sleepwear fairs in the process of being made re-public outerwear... Sleepwalking perhaps:

Monday, October 12, 2009

DAY6&7...Domesticity has to mean nesting. Otherwise, six months go by, and you don't know where your underwear is.

SO i have dedicated the week end to being naked.... 
In the privacy of my own home that is!

Now, i live alone and am seldom naked. I'ts almost a force of habit to put on some clothes after a shower or to wear a towel around me when it's hot. I have never really second guessed this... untill saturday and sunday came.
Even the most domestic of chores became awkward in the beginning. I also had to be aware of open blinds and windows and answering the door. But for what? I was not sinning! I was not having satanic rituals.... I was just enjoying the nakedness of my own body. which was very freeing. 

As steele suggests:

"Underclothes are secret garments, hidden under the outer clothing just as the body itself is hidden, to be revealed only in the privacy of the bedroom in the presence of intimate friends."      
(Steele 1989)
I assure you there were no 'intimate friends' although i did reach a certain level of comfort with my nakedness (granted i have a full length mirror in my passage so i had to)

And now the evidence.... Please excuse the nudity....
 "Nudity is who people are at the most interesting point of the evening, when they take off their protective layer, when no one is watching."
Bridget Fonda
"No nude, however abstract, should fail to arouse in the spectator some vestige of erotic feeling, even if it be only the faintest shadow - and if it does not do so it is bad art and false morals."
Kenneth Clark

Well, now that it's out there i feel a weird sense of relief. I might just go to sandy bay and parade around in my new found comfort.

Stay tuned for explicit content.......

No comments:

Post a Comment